New Music Coming From Wade Hayes In 2017 With Announcement Of Old Country Song.
90’s country star, Wade Hayes recently announced an all new album titled Old Country Song to be released sometime in 2017. While a release date has yet to be announced, pre-orders are now available via the artist’s official online store. Here are Wade’s thoughts on a number of tracks from the upcoming album:
- “Can’t Get Close Enough to You is a song I wrote with Clint Ingersol years ago. I think I did it once at a writers night and had totally forgotten about it. My friend Helen Neal ask me about recording it for this project as she had remembered it all these years. I’m glad she did because it’s one of my favorites on this album.”
- “I Wish I Still Drank is a song I wrote after a friend of mine told me one of the funniest true stories I’d ever heard- I knew I had to write a song around it. Lee Roy Parnell was actually there when it happened, so naturally, I had to have him play the slide solo on it. He killed it.”
- “We Needed the Rain is a song a friend of mine Alicia sent to me, and I loved it from day one. It was written by Chris Stapleton, and I really got to stretch out vocally for me.”
- “Old Country Song, the title track was written by my old friend and writing partner Roger Springer. Mike Owens sent me the song and I knew I had to record it. This song is brilliant in my opinion.”
- “Going Where the Lonely Go is one of my favorite Hag tunes. His passing was still pretty present in my mind when we were cutting so I decided to do it. It is also special to me because my favorite guitar picker in town and I are trading solos on the end. His are the good ones.”
We are very excited for the follow-up to Wade’s 2015 album, Go Live Your Life! Wade will be holding his annual fan club party in Nashville next month and I imagine more information on the album will be revealed at the event! As soon as more info is available, BORN Country will be sure to let our readers know! Visit https://store.wadehayes.com to explore the numerous pre-order options!