Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 11/6/17!
BORN Country’s new podcast series, BORN Country Radio made its debut this past Thursday with special guest, John Berry! Visit the banner below to listen to the exclusive interview and subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Also, make sure to join the all-new Facebook group created specifically to discuss the above mentioned podcast series! This group will include exclusive polls and eventually the opportunity to submit fan questions for our interview guests! Visit and JOIN the group at the banner below! I’d love to hear your feedback on the show!
Can you believe that it’s November already? With that being said, we are already 8 weeks into the 1993 series of our Throwback Top10 Countdown!
This week, we see a rare return to #1 as Dwight Yoakam makes his way back to the top of the countdown with “Ain’t That Lonely Yet.” The 1993 hit landed the top spot two weeks ago, but fell back a few spots last week. Let’s see if Dwight’s fans can keep him there again!
Alan Jackson, Aaron Tippin and Billy Ray Cyrus take positions 2, 3 and 4, but are each nearing their runs with the current songs. Depending on their performance over the next week, one or two of these 90’s classics may be seeing their last chance on the poll!
Two songs from last week’s poll drop positions this go-around with “Hard Workin’ Man” from Brooks and Dunn taking #6 while Sammy Kershaw’s “She Don’t Know She’s Beautiful falls to #9 from last week’s #8.
The remaining songs are new to the Top 10 this week. Dolly Parton debuts her 1993 single “Romeo” which features her friends Mary Chapin-Carpenter, Pam Tillis, Kathy Mattea, Tanya Tucker and of course, Billy Ray. Joe Diffie and Travis Tritt also bring new hits to the table with “Honky Tonk Attitude” at #8 and “T-R-O-U-B-L-E” landing #10.
Will these 10 90’s country classics hold onto their spots for one more week? That’s up to YOUR vote! Enjoy!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Brooks And Dunn – Hard Workin’ Man
- Lee Roy Parnell – Tender Moment
- Steve Wariner – Like A River To A Sea
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Collin Raye – Somebody Else’s Moon
- Patty Loveless – Blame It On Your Heart
- Ricky Van Shelton – Just As I Am
- Pam Tillis – Cleopatra, Queen Of Denial
- Willie Nelson – Graceland
*Readers may vote for 3 different songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 6PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after along with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Travis Tritt – T-R-O-U-B-L-E (NEW)
9. Sammy Kershaw – She Don’t Know She’s Beautiful (Last Week: #8)
8. Joe Diffie – Honky Tonk Attitude (NEW)
7. Alabama – Hometown Honeymoon (NEW)
6. Brooks And Dunn – Hard Workin’ Man (Last Week: #3)
5. Dolly Parton – Romeo (NEW)
4. Billy Ray Cyrus – She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore (Last Week: #7)
3. Aaron Tippin – My Blue Angel (Last Week: #6)
2. Alan Jackson – Tonight I Climbed The Wall (Last Week: #5)
1. Dwight Yoakam – Ain’t That Lonely Yet (Last Week: #4)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 6PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Visit us at 6AM ET Monday morning for results and next week’s poll! Don’t forget to check out the new podcast series at iwasborncountry.com/podcast!