Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 10/9/17!
DON’T FORGET!: Our $2 level Patreon supporters have EARLY ACCESS to results and voting. That’s right! The poll will open extra early for premium voters to get a head start on voting! Each vote in the Patreon poll will count as TEN votes in the standard results! Visit Patreon.com/Borncountry for more details!
Welcome to the Week 4 results of our Throwback Top10: 1993 series! We had a pretty huge vote turnout this week and as always, it’s very much appreciated!
We have an all new #1 hit on the countdown this week with the newly added Aaron Tippin hit, “My Blue Angel” coming out on top! Tipping has noted this as being one of his favorite career singles, so it’s only fitting to see it reach #1!
The biggest climb on this week’s chart goes to Confederate Railroad and “Queen Of Memphis,” taking #2. Coincidentally, last week’s #1 song fell back to #7 with the biggest drop, being Mark Chesnutt’s “Ol’ Country.” Both of these classics are nearing the end of their run on the poll, so make sure to get your votes in to keep them around!
Brooks And Dunn, Alan Jackson and Kathy Mattea are amongst those artists that have been able to hang on to a spot for another week with “Hard Workin’ Man,” “Tonight I Climb The Wall” and “Knee Deep In A River” taking spots #3, #4 and #6 respectively.
Along with Aaron Tippin’s previously mentioned song, Toby Keith and Billy Ray Cyrus each debut new songs this week, seeing “Should’ve Been A Cowboy” and She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore” claiming #5 and #8.
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- George Strait – Heartland
- Clint Black – When My Ship Comes In
- Pam Tillis – Let That Pony Run
- Mary Chapin-Carpenter – Passionate Kisses
- Mark Collie – Born To Love You
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Reba McEntire w/ Vince Gill – The Heart Won’t Lie
- Lee Roy Parnell – Tender Moment
- Larry Stewart – Alright Already
- Steve Wariner – Like A River To The Sea
- Doug Stone – Made For Lovin’ You
*Readers may vote for 3 different songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 6PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after along with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Little Texas – I’d Rather Miss You (Last Week: #10)
9. Alabama – Once Upon A Lifetime (RE-ENTRY)
8. Billy Ray Cyrus – She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore (NEW)
7. Mark Chesnutt – Ol’ Country (Last Week: #1)
+10 Patreon Votes!
6. Kathy Mattea – Standing Knee Deep In A River (And Dying Of Thirst) (Last Week: #8)
5. Toby Keith- Should’ve Been A Cowboy (NEW)
+20 Patreon Votes!
4. Alan Jackson – Tonight I Climbed The Wall (Last Week: #6)
+10 Patreon Votes!
3. Brooks And Dunn – Hard Workin’ Man (Last Week: #3)
2. Confederate Railroad – Queen Of Memphis (Last Week: #7)
+20 Patreon Votes!
1. Aaron Tippin – My Blue Angel (Last Week: #4)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Visit Patreon.com/BORNCountry for early results and voting OR check back here Monday morning to find out where your favorite song landed on the countdown!