Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 9/25/17!
ATTENTION: Voting times have changed starting THIS week! Our weekly Throwback poll now closes at 6PM ET on Sunday rather than 9PM.
ATTENTION: Beginning this week, Our $2 level Patreon supporters will have EARLY ACCESS to results and voting. That’s right! The poll will open extra early for premium voters to get a head start on voting! Each vote in the Patreon poll will count as TEN votes in the standard results! Visit Patreon.com/Borncountry for more details!
We have now entered Week 2 in our 1993 Throwback Top10 Countdown! A few late 1992 songs are still hanging in there, but after another week’s vote, it’s up to you, the BORN Country fans, to make that decision! As mentioned above, Patreon votes have been open since 6PM ET. These votes will be included by each artist’s name in the poll and will be added to the vote total at the end of the week.
Randy Travis returns to the #1 position once again this week with “Look Heart, No Hands.” This song must continue to hold onto the top spot or it will be retired after this week. Get to voting, Randy fans!!!
Making a big climb from #5 last week, Mark Chesnutt’s 1992 classic, “Ol’ Country” finds its way to the #2 slot. Could this be the week that we see Mark climb to #1 for the first time on the Throwback Countdown? Right behind Mark is Lorrie Morgan’s “What Part Of No” and last week’s #1, “In A Week Or Two” from Diamond Rio which has now had its final run on the voting block.
Two of the best souther rock/country music groups of the era take #5 and #6 this week with Alabama’s “Once Upon A Lifetime” and Confederate Railroad’s “Queen Of Memphis” each cementing their place on the chart. Trisha Yearwood and George Strait both move a few positions as “Walkaway Joe” lands #8 in its final week and “Heartland” falls backwards to #10.
New to the top 10 this week are songs from Tanya Tucker and Pam Tillis, taking the #7 and #9 positions with “It’s A Little Too Late” and “Let That Pony Run,” respectively..
This weeks poll sees songs added from more great 90’s country artists in Alan Jackson, Kathy Mattea, Mary Chapin- Carpenter, Brooks & Dunn and Aaron Tippin! Who will make the biggest impact?
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Diamond Rio – In A Week Or Two
- Trisha Yearwood – Walkaway Joe
- Travis Tritt – Can I Trust You With My Heart
- Radney Foster – Nobody Wins
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Alan Jackson – Tonight I Climbed The Wall
- Kathy Mattea – Standing Knee Deep In A River (And Dying Of Thirst)
- Mary Chapin Carpenter – Passionate Kisses
- Brooks & Dunn – Hard Workin’ Man
- Aaron Tippin – My Blue Angel
*Readers may vote for 3 different songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 6PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after along with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. George Strait – Heartland (Last Week: #7)
9. Pam Tillis – Let That Pony Run (NEW)
8. Trisha Yearwood – Walkaway Joe (Last Week: #9)
7. Tanya Tucker – It’s A Little Too Late (NEW)
6. Confederate Railroad – Queen Of Memphis (Last Week: #10)
5. Alabama – Once Upon A Lifetime (Last Week: #4)
4. Diamond Rio – In A Week Or Two (Last Week: #1)
3. Lorrie Morgan – What Part Of No (Last Week: #6)
2. Mark Chesnutt – Ol’ Country (Last Week: #5)
1. Randy Travis – Look Heart, No Hands (Last Week: #3)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Results have been posted for our Patreon followers, otherwise, check back Monday morning at 6AM ET for Results and the newest poll!