Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 1/8/18!
Hey everybody, welcome to this week’s Throwback Top10 Countdown results. Before we get to the songs, I need to address the constant negative comments and private messages I receive just about every week during the polling period. Please take note that I do not control the polling program. There has yet to be any vote counting problem on my end. Some times the votes do not show up instantaneously. Poll Daddy is the most used polling service across the internet. Don’t forget that this is supposed to be FUN. If you are upset enough to track me down on Facebook and send insulting messages, you WILL be blocked from voting and you just might be taking this thing a little too seriously.
Now, let’s get to a little bit of country music! For the first time as far as I can recall, the top THREE songs on this week’s countdown are all making their very first appearance on the chart! Dwight Yoakam takes the top spot while Aaron Tippin and Lorrie Morgan each hit #2 and #3 respectively with “Workin’ Man’s Ph.D” and “Half Enough.”
Alan Jackson astonishingly falls back two spots to #4 with “Chattahoochee.” I’d be absolutely surprised if we don’t see this one back at the top in the next week. Only one song holds its same position from last week as Tanya Tucker’s duet with Delbert McClinton, “Tell Me About It,” hangs in at #5.
Last week’s number one song, “Haunted Heart” from Sammy Kershaw drops down to #7 and #2 from last week, Hal Ketchum’s “Mama Knows The Highway” stumbles to #8. Only one song moved UP this week, as Chris LeDoux climbs from #10 to #9 with “Look At You Girl.” Wrapping up, Geroge Strait and Wynonna each find a home at #7 and #10 with “When Did You Stop Loving Me” and “Tell Me Why.”
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- George Strait – When Did You Stop Loving Me
- Carlene Carter – Every Little Thing
- Wynonna – Tell Me Why
- Confederate Railroad – When You Leave That Way You Can Never Go Back
- Little Texas – What Might Have Been
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Sawyer Brown – Thank God For You
- Steve Wariner – If I Didn’t Love You
- Travis Tritt – Lookin’ Out For Number One
- Martina McBride – My Baby Loves Me
- Diamond Rio – This Romeo Ain’t Got Julie Yet
*Readers may vote for 3 different songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 6PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after along with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Wynonna Judd – Tell Me Why (Last Week: #6)
9. Chris LeDoux – Look At You Girl (Last Week: #10)
8. Hal Ketchum – Mama Knows The Highway (Last Week: #3)
7. George Strait – When Did You Stop Loving Me (Last Week: #4)
6. Sammy Kershaw – Haunted Heart (Last Week: #1)
5. Tanya Tucker w/ Delbert McClinton – Tell Me About It (Last Week: #5)
4. Alan Jackson – Chattahoochee (Last Week: #2)
3. Lorrie Morgan – Half Enough (NEW)
2. Aaron Tippin – Workin’ Man’s Ph.D (NEW)
1. Dwight Yoakam – A Thousand Miles From Nowhere (NEW)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 6PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Check back Monday morning arm 6AM ET for results and a new poll!
In this meantime, check out the latest episode
of BORN Country Radio with special guest, George Ducas!