Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 1/1/18!
*Attention 90’s Country Fans!
Before voting, check out Episode #8 of the BORN Country Radio podcast with special guest George Ducas! You can listen on iTunes, Stitcher, stream directly from BORN Country at iwasborncountry.com/show8 or below the following image! New episodes of the show are available every Thursday!
Happy New Year! After a week off, the BORN Country Throwback Top10 Countdown is BACK!
Let’s take a little refresher to see where the previous poll results landed your favorite ’90s country songs and artists on this week’s countdown!
We are kicking 2018 off with an all new #1 song, as Sammy Kershaw climbs to the top with “Haunted Heart” in its second week on the poll! Sammy has always been a poll favorite and it’ll be interesting to see where this song takes him! Kershaw is followed up on the countdown by Alan Jackson’s massive 1993 single, “Chattahoochee,” taking #2 and Hal Ketchum returning to the Top10 at #3 with “Mama Knows The Highway.”
George Strait and Tanya Tucker are both nearing the end of the road for their current poll singles. If “When Did You Stop Loving Me” and “Tell Me About It” are not able to climb at least one position next week, they will be retired from voting. Chris LeDoux also sees the same challenge as “Look At You Girl” re-enters the countdown at #10 this week. Will these three classics survive another vote?
Along with the previously mentioned Hal Ketchum song, we have three other ’90s hits entering the Top10 for the first time this week. Trisha Yearwood, Little Texas and Clint Black (featuring Wynonna) each claim a spot, #7-#9 respectively, with “Down On My Knees,” “What Might Have Been” and “A Bad Goodbye.” We have a major group of songs entering into the poll this week from Toby Keith, Billy Ray Cyrus, Dwight Yoakam, Aaron Tippin and Michelle Wright. Will the countdown be turned upside once again? That’ll be up to your vote!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- John Anderson – Money In The Bank
- Brooks And Dunn – We’ll Burn That Bridge
- John Berry – She Has A Mind Of Her Own
- Mark Chesnutt – It Sure Is Monday
- Brother Phelps – Let Go
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Toby Keith – He Ain’t Worth Missing
- Billy Ray Cyrus – In The Heart Of A Woman
- Dwight Yoakam – A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
- Aaron Tippin – Workin’ Man’s Ph.D
- Michelle Wright – Guitar Talk
*Readers may vote for 3 different songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 6PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after along with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Chris LeDoux – Look At You Girl (RE-ENTRY)
9. Clint Black (w/ Wynonna) – A Bad Goodbye (NEW)
8. Little Texas – What Might Have Been (NEW)
7. Trisha Yearwood – Down On My Knees (NEW)
6. Wynonna Judd – Tell Me Why (Last Week: #10)
5. Tanya Tucker w/ Delbert McClinton – Tell Me About It (Last Week: #6)
4. George Strait – When Did You Stop Loving Me (Last Week: #3)
3. Hal Ketchum – Mama Knows The Highway (NEW)
2. Alan Jackson – Chattahoochee (Last Week: #4)
1. Sammy Kershaw – Haunted Heart (Last Week: #5)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 6PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Check back Monday morning at 6AM ET for results and a new poll!