Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 12/18/17!
*Attention 90’s Country Fans!
Before voting, check out Episode #7 of the BORN Country Radio podcast with special guest Bryan White! You can listen on iTunes, Stitcher, stream directly from BORN Country at iwasborncountry.com/show7 or below the following image! New episodes of the show are available every Thursday!
Another week has passed and we have another round of great 90’s country classics to count down!
After sitting strong at #2 for a number of weeks, Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn have finally made the jump to #1 with their 1993 hit, “We’ll Burn That Bridge.” I have a feeling that this one could get some wheels and hold on for three week’s straight to become a “Certified BORN Country” hit, but that will be up to you!
We see quite a few changes in this week’s chart as six songs are either new to the countdown or songs that have re-entered from a previous appearance. Making their first runs at the top of the chart are Tracy Byrd’s “Holdin’ Heaven” at #2, Alan Jackson’s iconic “Chattahoochee” at #4 and Sammy Kershaw taking #5 with “Haunted Heart.” Two songs re-enter the Top10 with George Strait’s “When Did You Stop Loving Me” taking #3 and Wynonna sneaking back onto the chart at #10 with “Tell Me Why.”
Tanya Tucker and Carlene Carter each drop a number of spots with their respective songs this week as “Tell Me About it” falls to #6 and last week’s top song, Carlene Carter’s “Every Little Thing” moves backwards to #7. Finally, after a great run, including a stop at the top, Willie Nelson’s “Graceland” lands at #9 for its final week on the poll.
With new songs added to the poll from Tracy Lawrence, poll favorite Lorrie Morgan, Trisha Yearwood, Hal Ketchum and Boy Howdy’s first appearance, will we see another big shakeup next week?
*Next week’s countdown results will likely be delayed due to the Christmas holiday. Stay tuned for updates.
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Willie Nelson – Graceland
- Pam Tillis – Cleopatra, Queen Of Denial
- Patty Loveless – Blame It On Your Heart
- Restless Heart – We Got The Love
- Shenandoah – Janie Baker’s Love Slave
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Tracy Lawrence – Can’t Break It To My Heart
- Lorrie Morgan – Half Enough
- Trisha Yearwood – Down On My Knees
- Hal Ketchum – Mama Knows The Highway
- Boy Howdy – A Cowboy’s Born With A Broken Heart
*Readers may vote for 3 different songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 6PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after along with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Wynonna Judd – Tell Me Why (RE-ENTRY)
9. Willie Nelson – Graceland (Last Week: #7)
8. Reba McEntire – It’s Your Call (NEW)
7. Carlene Carter – Every Little Thing (Last Week: #1)
6. Tanya Tucker w/ Delbert McClinton – Tell Me About It (Last Week: #3)
5. Sammy Kershaw – Haunted Heart (NEW)
4. Alan Jackson – Chattahoochee (NEW)
3. George Strait – When Did You Stop Loving Me (RE-ENTRY)
2. Tracy Byrd – Holdin’ Heaven (NEW)
1. Brooks And Dunn – We’ll Burn That Bridge (Last Week: #1)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 6PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Results will be posted on January 2nd! Enjoy your holiday season!