Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 11/27/17!
*Attention 90’s Country Fans!
Before voting, check out Episode 4 of the BORN Country Radio podcast with special guest David Ball! You can listen on iTunes, Stitcher or directly from BORN Country at iwasborncountry.com/show4!
Also, make sure to join the all-new Facebook group created specifically to discuss the above mentioned podcast series! This group will include exclusive polls and eventually the opportunity to submit fan questions for our interview guests! Visit and JOIN the group at the banner below! I’d love to hear your feedback on the show!
Wow! This week’s voter turnout came in at the highest number that we have ever seen! With that being said, it is no surprise that Ricky Van Shelton’s diehard fan base has held “Just As I Am” at #1 for the third week in a row, retiring the song as a “Certified BORN Country” hit! This guarantees that next week we will be seeing an all new #1 song!
The legendary Willie Nelson climbs back up to #2 this week with his rendition of “Graceland” after spending a week at #3. Last week’s #2 song, Dwight Yoakam’s “Ain’t That Lonely Yet” drops to #4. This Dwight classic will spend one more week on the countdown poll unless it hits #1! This song’s survival depends on you Dwight fans out there!
Two more 90’s classics make a move forward on the chart this week with Dolly Parton’s “Romeo” and George Strait’s “When Did You Stop Loving Me” each taking one step closer to the top at #5 and #8 respectively.
Chris LeDoux, Tanya Tucker & Delbert McClinton and Brooks & Dunn all have new songs entering the countdown for the first time this week. Will these 90’s favorites make their way to the top of the mountain?
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Ricky Van Shelton – Just As I Am
- John Michael Montgomery – I Love The Way You Love Me
- Joe Diffie – Honky Tonk Attitude
- Travis Tritt – T-R-O-U-B-L-E
- Mary Chapin Carpenter – The Hard Way
- Collin Raye – Somebody Else’s Moon
- Diamond Rio – Oh Me, Oh My, Sweet Baby
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Clint Black w/ Wynonna – A Bad Goodbye
- John Berry – A Mind Of Her Own
- Mark Chesnutt – It Sure Is Monday
- Shenandoah – Janie Baker’s Love Slave
- Restless Heart – We Got The Love
*Readers may vote for 3 different songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 6PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after along with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Chris LeDoux – Look At You Girl (NEW)
9. Diamond Rio – Oh Me, Oh My, Sweet Baby (Last Week: #4)
8. John Anderson – Money In The Bank (Last Week: #5)
7. George Strait – When Did You Stop Loving Me (Last Week: #8)
6. Tanya Tucker w/ Delbert McClinton – Tell Me About It (NEW)
5. Dolly Parton – Romeo (Last Week: #6)
4. Dwight Yoakam – Ain’t That Lonely Yet (Last Week: #2)
3. Brooks And Dunn – We’ll Burn That Bridge (NEW)
2. Willie Nelson – Graceland (Last Week: #3)
1. Ricky Van Shelton – Just As I Am (Last Week: #1)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 6PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Visit us Monday morning at 6AM ET for results and a new poll to vote on! In the meantime, check out the newest episode of BORN Country Radio with guest Shane Owens!