This Week’s Throwback Top10 Results & Poll!
Just like he did in 1992, this week, Billy Ray Cyrus climbs to #1 on our Throwback Top10 Countdown with his debut smash hit, “Achy Breaky Heart”! It was certainly a close call between this and the #2 song, “Just Talkin'” by Waylon Jennings, but Cyrus pulled out the victory in the end. Will this coming week provide another close call? Will Billy Ray hold on to the top spot for a second week despite the strong incoming competition? Perhaps Waylon Jennings will be triumphant after another session of voting? That’s all up to you!
Dwight Yoakam and Alan Jackson made strong moves towards the top this week as they each climb from #8 and #7 respectively, to the #3 and #4 positions. While either has a strong enough fanbase to keep these 90’s legends moving on up, will they find the strength to fight for the #1 slot?
We have a handful of songs debuting in the Throwback Top10 Countdown this week, including Brooks & Dunn’s line dancing classic, “Boot Scootin’ Boogie,” “The River” from Garth Brooks, Joe Diffie’s “Ships That Don’t Come In” and Collin Raye’s “Every Second.” Also, making a re-entry onto the chart, Sawyer Brown’s “Some Girls Do.” This Sawyer Brown hit is an all-time favorite of mine, so I’d love to see it continue to climb before being retired from the poll!
Finally, this week’s poll sees the debuts of Martina McBride and Lee Roy Parnell! Will either of these country music stars find a home on the next Top10? Only time will tell!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Shenandoah – Rock My Baby
- Suzy Bogguss – Aces
- Doug Stone – Come In Out Of The Pain
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Reba McEntire – The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Martina McBride – The Time Has Come
- Wynonna Judd – I Saw The Light
- Lee Roy Parnell – What Kind Of Fool Do You Think I Am?
- Hal Ketchum – Five O’Clock World
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Joe Diffie – Ships That Don’t Come In (NEW)
9. Collin Raye – Every Second (NEW)
8. Aaron Tippin – There Ain’t Nothin’ Wrong With The Radio (Last Week: #2)
7. Garth Brooks – The River (NEW)
6. Sawyer Brown – Some Girls Do (RE-ENTRY)
5. Brooks And Dunn – Boot Scootin’ Boogie (NEW)
4. Alan Jackson – Midnight In Montgomery (Last Week: #7)
3. Dwight Yoakam – The Heart That You Own (Last Week: #8)
2. Waylon Jennings – Just Talkin’ (Last Week: #6)
1. Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart (Last Week: #5)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s Throwback Poll has officially closed. Results and new poll will be posted Monday morning at 6AM ET. Thanks for voting!