This Week’s Throwback Top10 Results Featuring ALAN Jackson, Ricky Van Shelton & More.
Congratulations to the fans of Ricky Van Shelton who have voted “Backroads” to “Certified BORN Country” status with a whopping 7,000+ votes! “Backroads” will now be retired from our weekly poll, opening up the #1 spot for an all new #1 song next week! Which 90’s country hit will climb to the top of the mountain?
Once again, Aaron Tippin and Shenandoah hold on tightly to the #2 and #3 spots on this week’s countdown. Right on their heels, Diamond Rio continues to climb jumping up another spot from #5 to #4! Also climbing a position this week is Billy Ray Cyrus and his 1992 mega-smash hit, “Achy Breaky Heart.”
Three new songs from iconic artists are new to the Top10 this week. Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakam and the legendary Waylon Jennings all look to continue moving up the chart after next week’s vote! With these three huge artists, along with the incoming new additions to the poll, we may see a big shake up coming!
Finally, Lorrie Morgan and Chris LeDoux both make final appearances at the #9 and #10 slots with “Something In Red” and Working’ Man’s Dollar,” which will both be retired after long runs on the countdown. Both will be back very soon, so keep an eye out for their returns!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Ricky Van Shelton – Backroads
- Chris LeDoux – Workin’ Man’s Dollar
- Tanya Tucker – Some Kind Of Trouble
- Mark Chesnutt – Old Flames Have New Names
- McBride & The Ride – Sacred Ground
- Trisha Yearwood – The Woman Before Me
- Lorrie Morgan – Something In Red
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Brooks And Dunn – Boot Scootin’ Boogie
- Travis Tritt – Nothing Short Of Dying
- John Anderson – When It Comes To You
- Garth Brooks – The River
- Lyle Lovett – You’ve Been So Good Up To Now
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Chris LeDoux – Workin’ Man’s Dollar (Last Week: #8)
9. Lorrie Morgan – Something In Red (Last Week: #6)
8. Dwight Yoakam – The Heart That You Own (NEW)
7. Alan Jackson – Midnight In Montgomery (NEW)
6. Waylon Jennings – Just Talkin’ (NEW)
5. Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart (Last Week: #7)
4. Diamond Rio – Norma Jean Riley (Last Week: #5)
3. Shenandoah – Rock My Baby (Last Week: #3)
2. Aaron Tippin – There Ain’t Nothin’ Wrong With The Radio (Last Week: #2)
1. Ricky Van Shelton – Backroads (Last Week: #1)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This Week’s Throwback Top10 Poll Has Officially Closed. Visit Us Monday Morning At 6AM ET For Results and Next Week’s Poll!