Ricky Van Shelton Continues To Reign As This Week’s Top10 Sees Very Little Change.
You know we have a solid lineup of songs when only one new song makes its way into the Throwback Top10 Countdown after a week of voting! With nearly 15,000 votes coming in this week, lets take a look at the results.
Taking #1 for the second week in a row is Ricky Van Shelton with his 1992 single, “Backroads.” Shelton landed nearly 34% of the total votes. As incredible as his songs always do, fan voting for other songs should take note: RVS fans are beyond devoted! Will “Backroads” take Shelton to another “Certified BORN Country” hit?
Aaron Tippin, Shenandoah and Reba McEntire held on to their respective spots from last week, taking #2-#4. This was the final week for Reba’s “Is There Life Out There,” so we’ll certainly see a shift in next week’s countdown!
Diamond Rio climbs two spots with “Norma Jean Riley” up to #5, pushing Lorrie Morgan’s “Something In Red” back a spot to #6. Chris LeDoux fans pushed the rodeo super up from #9 to #7 this week, saving “Workin’ Man’s Dollar” from retirement. LeDoux must continue to rise up the countdown next week or the song will be removed from the poll. Sawyer Brown’s 1992 smash hit (and a personal favorite song of mine) dropped to #10, closing out the chart
Billy Ray Cyrus makes his Top10 debut with 90’s mega hit, “Achy Breaky Heart.” I don’t think this is the highest we’ll see this one go! Also, Tanya Tucker re-enters the countdown with “Some Kind Of Trouble.”
This week’s poll sees the long awaited return of Alan Jackson! Along with the legendary Waylon Jennings and other 90s country stars, who will we see take the top spots next week?
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Reba McEntire – Is There Life Out There
- Little Texas – First Time For Everything
- Steve Wariner – The Tips Of My Fingers
- Brooks & Dunn – Neon Moon
- Rodney Crowell – Lovin’ All Night
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Alan Jackson – Midnight In Montgomery
- Waylon Jennings – Just Talkin’
- Michelle Wright – Take It Like A Man
- Billy Dean – Billy The Kid
- Dwight Yoakam – The Heart That You Own
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Sawyer Brown – Some Girls Do (Last Week: #6)
9. Tanya Tucker – Some Kind Of Trouble (RE-ENTRY)
8. Chris LeDoux – Workin’ Man’s Dollar (Last Week: #9)
7. Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart (NEW)
6. Lorrie Morgan – Something In Red (Last Week: #5)
5. Diamond Rio – Norma Jean Riley (Last Week: #7)
4. Reba McEntire – Is There Life Out There (Last Week: #4)
3. Shenandoah – Rock My Baby (Last Week: #3)
2. Aaron Tippin – There Ain’t Nothin’ Wrong With The Radio (Last Week: #2)
1. Ricky Van Shelton – Backroads (Last Week: #1)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!