Another Week Of Voting Nearly Clears Out The Prior Top10, Featuring A New #1 Song And Two Re-Entries.
After last week’s complete shakeup of the Throwback Top10 Countdown, we have another week with a majority of new or re-entry songs on the chart. This includes Ricky Van Shelton’s 1992 single, “Backroads” swoops in for the #1 spot, previously held by Steve Wariner who unfortunately has dropped from the countdown for the time being.
Aaron Tippin makes a big jump from #9 last to #2 with “There Ain’t Nothing Wrong With The Radio.” This in my opinion, is Tippin’s most recognizable song, and with his strong following, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this one making the jump up to the #1 spot soon!
The two other remaining songs from last week’s countdown dropped from #3 to #10 (Rodney Crowell) and from #4 to #9 (*Chris LeDoux). Both of these songs are going to need a LOT of love to compete with not only the current songs on the Top10, but also the strong batch of songs being added to the poll THIS week. Keep your favorites climbing, folks!
Two songs re-enter the countdown after being away for a week with *Reba’s “Is There Life Out There” jumping back in at #4 and her friends Brooks And Dunn making another “Neon Moon” appearance at #8. This B&D classic reached #1 on its first week… Perhaps it can climb the mountain once again?
Along with the above mentioned Ricky Van Shelton, four other artists are new to the chart this week as songs from Lorrie Morgan, Diamond Rio, Shenandoah and Sawyer Brown were voted into the mix.
*This may be the final week to vote for this song. If the song climbs at least one position, it will be saved. Otherwise, the song will be retired.
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Marty Stuart – Burn Me Down
- Wynonna – She Is His Only Need
- Vince Gill – Take Your Memory With You
- Sammy Kershaw – Don’t Go Near The Water
- Patty Loveless – Jealous Bone
- Keith Whitley – Somebody’s Doin’ Me Right
- Garth Brooks – Papa Loved Mama
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart
- Randy Travis – I’d Surrender All
- Trisha Yearwood – The Woman Before Me
- George Strait – Gone As A Girl Can Get
- Joe Diffie – Ships That Don’t Come In
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Rodney Crowell – Lovin’ All Night (Last Week: #3)
9. Chris LeDoux – Workin’ Man’s Dollar (Last Week: #4)
8. Brooks And Dunn – Neon Moon (RE-ENTRY)
7. Diamond Rio – Norma Jean Riley (NEW)
6. Sawyer Brown – Some Girls Do (NEW)
5. Lorrie Morgan – Something In Red (NEW)
4. Reba McEntire – Is There Life Out There (RE-ENTRY)
3. Shenandoah – Rock My Baby (NEW)
2. Aaron Tippin – There Ain’t Nothin’ Wrong With The Radio (Last Week: #9)
1. Ricky Van Shelton – Backroads (NEW)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s Throwback Top10 Poll has officially closed! Visit us Monday morning at 6AM for results and more 90’s country music!