Brooks And Dunn Debut “Neon Moon” At #1 As Our Countdown Takes Quite A Turn In Comparison To Last Week.
With the #1 spot cleared to a new song being being crowned this week, the 1992 Brooks & Dunn classic, “Neon Moon” is voted to the top spot with a vast majority of the poll votes! This is the duo’s second song to land in the Top10 and first to make it to #1. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot of Kix and Ronnie in the lead position in the coming years!
Though a lot of the same songs are still on the chart from last week, just about everyone of them have shifted positions. Little Texas and Wynonna each climbed upwards on the countdown with “First Time For Everything” and “She Is His Only Need” ascend to #4 and #5 respectively. On the other hand, songs from Vince Gill, John Anderson, Tanya Tucker and last week’s #2 song, “Born Country” from Alabama all dropped down throughout the bottom 4.
Also this week: Billy Dean makes a rare re-entry into the Top10 with “Only The Wind” making a massive jump to #2; Keith Whitley’s “Somebody’s Doin’ Me Right” holds onto the #6 position; a new song enters the rankings with Hal Ketchum’s “Past The Point Of Rescue.” Quite a week!
The two songs that close out this week’s Top10 have now been retired after each having a long successful run on the polls. We still have the normal five songs being added to the voting block, making for a larger than normal pool. Aaron Tippin, Suzy Bogguss, Rodney Crowell, McBride & The Ride and Shenandoah all make return appearances in Week 4. Will these songs claim their own spots on the Top10 Chart? Make sure to vote for your 3 favorites, ONCE PER HOUR between now and Sunday evening at 9PM ET!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Alabama – Born Country
- John Anderson – Straight Tequila Night
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Aaron Tippin – There Ain’t Nothin’ Wrong With The Radio
- Suzy Bogguss – Aces
- Rodney Crowell – Lovin’ All Night
- Shenandoah – Rocky My Baby
- McBride & The Ride – Sacred Ground
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. John Anderson – Straight Tequila Night (Last Week: #5)
9. Alabama – Born Country (Last Week: #2)
8. Tanya Tucker – Some Kind Of Trouble (Last Week: #3)
7. Vince Gill – Take Your Memory With You (Last Week: #4)
6. Keith Whitley – Somebody’s Doin’ Me Right (Last Week: #6)
5. Wynonna – She Is His Only Need (Last Week: #8)
4. Little Texas – First Time For Everything (Last Week: #10)
3. Hal Ketchum – Past The Point Of Rescue (NEW)
2. Billy Dean – Only The Wind (RE-ENTRY)
1. Brooks And Dunn – Neon Moon (NEW)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This Week’s poll has officially closed! Check back Monday morning at 6AM for results and open voting for next week’s countdown!