Another “Certified BORN Country” Hit Is Crowned As The #1 Spot Opens Up For A Guaranteed First Timer In Next Week’s Poll.
George Jones fans have voted his 1992 single, “She Loved A Lot In Her Time” to #1 for a third week in a row, making it a “Certified BORN Country” hit! This marks Jones as only the fourth artist (behind Ricky Van Shelton, Alan Jackson and Dolly Parton) to remain in the top spot for three weeks since we began running the Throwback Chart just over a year ago!
With George Jones taking said honor, this guarantees that next week we will see a brand new #1 song! Will Alabama’s “Born Country” (#2), Tanya Tucker’s “Some Kind Of Trouble” (#3) or Vince Gill’s “Take Your Memory With You” (#4) move up into the freshly opened slot? Will one of this week’s newly added songs debut right at the top? That’s up to you!
Speaking of, major shout out to the Vince Gill fans. I saw a number of fans consistently voting their hearts out to keep him near the top. At one point, they even held the #1 spot over George Jones!
A few songs make their first appearance in the Top10 this week with Little Texas landing “First Time For Everything at #10, Wynonna Judd coming in at #8 with “She Is His Only Need,” and poll favorite, Keith Whitley taking #6 with “Somebody’s Doin’ Me Right.” Can these 90’s classics hold onto their spots and make a climb for #1?
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- George Jones – She Loved A Lot In Her Time
- Ronnie Milsap – All Is Fair In Love And War
- Prairie Oyster – One Precious Love
- Clinton Gregory – Play Ruby Play
- Highway 101 – Baby, I’m Missing You
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Brooks & Dunn – Neon Moon
- Collin Raye – Every Second
- Mark Chesnutt – Old Flames Have New Names
- Hal Ketchum – Past The Point Of Rescue
- Tracy Lawrence – Today’s Lonely Fool
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Little Texas – First Time For Everything (NEW)
9. Sammy Kershaw – Don’t Go Near The Water (Last Week: #4)
8. Wynonna – She Is His Only Need (NEW)
7. Marty Stuart – Burn Me Down (Last Week: #7)
6. Keith Whitley – Somebody’s Doin’ Me Right (NEW)
5. John Anderson – Straight Tequila Night (Last Week: #9)
4. Vince Gill – Take Your Memory With You (Last Week: #3)
3. Tanya Tucker – Some Kind Of Trouble (NEW)
2. Alabama – Born Country (Last Week: #2)
1. George Jones – She Loved A Lot In Her Time (Last Week: #1)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s Throwback Poll has officially closed! Visit us again at 6AM ET Monday morning for results and next week’s voting block!