Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 9/11/17!
ATTENTION: Voting times will change starting with the second week of “1993”! After this week’s vote, the poll will begin closing at 6PM ET instead of 9PM. Early access to results and voting will soon be made available to our Patreon supporters. Stay tuned to our Facebook page and iwasborncountry.com for more info in the coming week!
In the final final countdown for “1992” here are the songs that YOU picked in this week’s Throwback Top10!
After weeks at #2, George Jones and friends finally come in at the #1 spot with “I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair”! The 1992 classic will now stay on the poll until it is the top song for two more weeks or if it falls back in the chart. The second song on this week’s chart, missing the top by only one vote (!!!) is Diamond Rio’s “In A Week Or Two.” Staying strong at #3 is Randy Travis and “Look Heart, No Hands.”
Alan Jackson falls backwards one position with “She’s Got The Rhythm (And I’ve Got The Blues),” from #4 to #5. Like George Jones above, this was the final week to vote for this Jackson hit, but we will see him on the polls again soon! Kathy Mattea fans are in a similar position with “Lonesome Standard Time,” which climbed UP a spot from #7 to #6, however there is one more week to shoot this one to the top. Trisha Yearwood takes two jumps forward with “Walkaway Joe,” coming in at #8 while Billy Ray Cyrus drops to #9 for the final week of “Wher’m I Gonna Live” on the chart.
New to the top 10 this week are songs from Lorrie Morgan, Suzy Bogguss and Alabama, taking the #4, #7 and #10 spots, respectively.
With the latest poll, we have officially moved into the songs of 1993! The first week features hits from George Strait, Clint Black, Pam Tillis, Mark Chesnutt and a debuting Radney Foster!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Ricky Van Shelton – Wild Man
- Alan Jackson – She’s Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues)
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Wher’m I Gonna Live
- Billy Dean – Tryin’ To Hide A Fire In The Dark
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- George Strait – Heartland
- Clint Black – When My Ship Comes In
- Mark Chesnutt – Ol’ Country
- Pam Tillis – Let That Pony Run
- Radney Foster – Nobody Wins
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Alabama – Once Upon A Lifetime (NEW)
9. Billy Ray Cyrus – Wher’m I Gonna Live? (Last Week: #8)
8. Trisha Yearwood – Walkaway Joe (Last Week: #10)
7. Suzy Bogguss – Drive South (NEW)
6. Kathy Mattea – Lonesome Standard Time (Last Week: #7)
5. Alan Jackson – She’s Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues) (Last Week: #4)
4. Lorrie Morgan – What Part Of No (NEW)
3. Randy Travis – Look Heart, No Hands (Last Week: #3)
2. Diamond Rio – In A Week Or Two (Last Week: #6)
1. George Jones – I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair (Last Week: #2)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*Thanks for voting! This week’s poll has officially closed! Check back Monday morning at 6AM for results and next week’s poll!