Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 9/4/17!
ATTENTION: Recently, you may have noticed a link popping up on our Facebook timeline requesting our readers to take place in a survey. This survey is very important to the near future of BORN Country and we want to have as much reader feedback in order to make the proper decisions for our fans. After voting in this week’s poll, PLEASE consider taking 1 minute (That’s literally as long as it takes!) to answer our quick 9 question survey. Thank you in advance!
Another week down and another “Certified BORN Country” hit from Ricky Van Shelton! For the past three weeks, Shelton’s “Wild Man” has dominated the polls and will now be retired from the voting process. As we see one 90’s classic go away, this means that there will now be a guaranteed new #1 song in Week 29! Which iconic artist of the 90’s will claim the top position? That’s up to your vote!
For the fourth week in a row, George Jones holds onto the #2 slot on our countdown, which seems to make “I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair” a strong contender for the #1 song. Randy Travis jumps up four positions to #3 from last week’s #7. Perhaps Randy’s fanbase will use the momentum to continue climbing!
Alan Jackson and Kathy Mattea’s fan bases each saved their respective songs by making sure that they both moved forward in the poll. Once again, each song must move forward at least one spot in order for them to move on in the polls!
Two new songs enter the fray this week in Confederate Railroad’s “Queen Of Memphis” and Trisha Yearwood’s “Walkaway Joe.”
A massive six songs have joined the above mentioned Ricky Van Shelton single in poll retirement this week. After one more week of eliminations, we will begin into the country music hits of 1993! Many artists from the upcoming “year” of hits will be making their first appearance on our poll including the likes of Clay Walker, John Berry, The Mavericks, Faith Hill and more!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Ricky Van Shelton – Wild Man
- John Michael Montgomery – Life’s A Dance
- Shenandoah – Leavin’s Been A Long Time Comin’
- Hal Ketchum – Sure Love
- Martina McBride – Cheap Whiskey
- John Anderson – Let Go Of The Stone
- George Strait – I Cross My Heart
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- No songs added
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Trisha Yearwood – Walkaway Joe (NEW)
9. Confederate Railroad – Queen Of Memphis (NEW)
8. Billy Ray Cyrus – Wher’m I Gonna Live? (Last Week: #6)
7. Kathy Mattea – Lonesome Standard Time (Last Week: #8)
6. Diamond Rio – In A Week Or Two (Last Week: #4)
5. George Strait – I Cross My Heart (Last Week: #3)
4. Alan Jackson – She’s Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues) (Last Week: #5)
3. Randy Travis – Look Heart, No Hands (Last Week: #7)
2. George Jones – I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair (Last Week: #2)
1. Ricky Van Shelton – Wild Man (Last Week: #1)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This weeks poll has officially closed! Check back Monday morning for Results and next week’s poll!