Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 8/21/17!
*We are nearing the end of the 1992 series in our Throwback Top10 Countdown! Stay tuned for announcements and changes coming to the way we run the 1993 series! This will include early access to the results and poll for our Patreon supporters! Details coming in the next few weeks!
As mentioned above, we only have a few weeks left as far as songs from 1992 go! While we still have a small number of songs to add to the poll, you will notice that the poll begins to dwindle down. Depending on votes, only 10-15 songs will move on to the “1993” polls, so make sure you vote for THREE favorite songs each time you vote to allow them to move on!
To maybe no one’s surprise, a new Ricky Van Shelton song was added to this week’s vote and as expected, landed in the #1 position. I’m of course always thrilled to see the support that Ricky’s incredibly loyal fan base brings to the table, I always suspect that another group of fans are going to come out of the woodworks to take that top spot. At this point, RVS seems to be pretty unstoppable!
Positions #2 and #3 this week go to the two great Georges of country music; Jones and Strait! The 1992 George Jones classic, “I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair” features vocals from Garth Brooks, Clint Black, Pam Tillis, T. Graham Brown, Alan Jackson, Travis Tritt, Vince Gill, Mark Chesnutt, Joe Diffie and Patty Loveless. What a lineup!
With Strait’s “I Cross My Heart” dropping to #3 this week, Diamond Rio, Alan Jackson, both fell back one position each while Billy Ray Cyrus falls two positions to #7 with “Wher’m I Gonna Live?” Also moving back a number of slots is Lorrie Morgan’s “Watch Me,” which was #1 last week, now coming in at #6.
Along with the new additions Ricky Van Shelton and George Jones, Shenandoah and Randy Travis each debut brand new songs to the countdown in “Leavin’s Been A Long Time Comin'” and “Look Heart, No Hands” respectively.
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Lorrie Morgan – Watch Me
- Alabama – I’m In A Hurry (And Don’t Know Why)
- Mark Chesnutt – Bubba Shot The Jukebox
- Chris LeDoux – Cadillac Ranch
- Vince Gill – Don’t Let Our Love Start Slippin’ Away
- Lee Roy Parnell – Love Without Mercy
- Robert Ellis Orrall – Boom! It Was Over
- McBride & The Ride – Just One Night
- Reba McEntire – Take It Back
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Collin Raye – I Want You Bad And That Ain’t Good
- Travis Tritt – Can I Trust You With My Heart
- Suzy Boggus – Drive South
- Wynonna – My Strongest Weakness
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Kathy Mattea – Lonesome Standard Time (Last Week: #7)
9. Randy Travis – Look Heart, No Hands (NEW)
8. Shenandoah – Leavin’s Been A Long Time Comin’ (NEW)
7. Billy Ray Cyrus – Wher’m I Gonna Live? (Last Week: #5)
6. Lorrie Morgan – Watch Me (Last Week: #1)
5. Alan Jackson – She’s Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues) (Last Week: #4)
4. Diamond Rio – In A Week Or Two (Last Week: #3)
3. George Strait – I Cross My Heart (Last Week: #2)
2. George Jones – I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair (NEW)
1. Ricky Van Shelton – Wild Man (NEW)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Check back Monday morning at 6AM ET for results and a new batch of 90’s country classics to vote on!