Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 8/14/17!
*Before we get into this week’s countdown, I’d like to invite all of you to visit our new page at Patreon! Patreon will allow you, the BORN Country reader to keep our website alive by contributing as little as $1 a month!!! Tiers also include price points at $2, $5 and $8 a month, depending on the rewards that interest you most! In fact, our Throwback Top10 Countdown results with be posted AT Patreon immediately after the poll closes each Sunday night ahead of them being revealed on Monday morning! Be the first to find out who landed #1!
Visit BORN Country on Patreon: patreon.com/borncountry
With only one new 90’s country classic joining the Throwback Top10 Countdown for the first time this week, we have a lot of previous songs shifting positions after your votes have come in! We do in fact have an all new #1 song this week, as Lorrie Morgan climbs up another spot from #2 to claim the top prize with “Watch Me”! Lorrie does have another song coming up very quickly, so unless vote this one to stay at #1 next week, the song will unfortunately be retired! Get your votes in!
Another song that’s definitely deserving of the #1 position, George Strait’s “I Cross My Heart” climbs up to #2 after a slow start. Could this be the week that Strait’s massive fan base votes this one to the top? Strait is followed closely on the Top 10 by a returning Diamond Rio who claims #3 with our only new song this week, “In A Week Or Two.”
Alan Jackson climbs up 3 slots with “She’s Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues),” landing at #4. Last week’s #1 song, “Where’m I Gonna Live?” from Billy Ray Cyrus takes a few steps down, finding itself at #5. Either of these songs are still strong contenders for the #1 spot next week!
After a number of weeks at #3, Mark Chesnutt and “Bubba Shot The Jukebox” find their way back a number of positions at #6, followed by Kathy Mattea, Tanya Tucker, Hal Ketchum and Alabama respectively, filling out the rest of the countdown. This was the final week for Tanya and Alabama in this go around as both “Two Sparrows In A Hurricane” and “I’m In A Hurry (And Don’t Know Why)” have been retired in order to make room for upcoming songs.
Being that we have quite a strong lineup of artists in the poll already, we should be in for quite a shakeup next week considering the strong additions to the new poll! George Jones, Randy Travis, Shenandoah, Sawyer Brown and poll favorite, Ricky Van Shelton all make their returns to the voting block!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Tanya Tucker – Two Sparrows In A Hurricane
- Brooks & Dunn – Lost And Found
- Doug Stone – Too Busy Being In Love
- Garth Brooks – Somewhere Other Than The Night
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- George Jones – I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair
- Randy Travis – Look Heart, No Hands
- Shenandoah – Leavin’s Been A Long Time Comin’
- Sawyer Brown – All These Years
- Ricky Van Shelton – Wildman
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Alabama – I’m In A Hurry (And Don’t Know Why) (Last Week: #1)
9. Hal Ketchum – Sure Love (Last Week: #8)
8. Tanya Tucker – Two Sparrows In A Hurricane (Last Week: #10)
7. Kathy Mattea – Lonesome Standard Time (Last Week: #9)
6. Mark Chesnutt -Bubba Shot The Jukebox (Last Week: #3)
5. Billy Ray Cyrus – Wher’m I Gonna Live? (Last Week: #1)
4. Alan Jackson – She’s Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues) (Last Week: #7)
3. Diamond Rio – In A Week Or Two (NEW)
2. George Strait – I Cross My Heart (Last Week: #5)
1. Lorrie Morgan – Watch Me (Last Week: #2)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Visit us Monday morning at 6AM ET for results and and all new poll!