Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 8/7/17!
*Before we get into this week’s countdown, I’d like to invite all of you to visit our new page at Patreon! Patreon will allow you, the BORN Country reader to keep our website alive by contributing as little as $1 a month!!! Tiers also include price points at $2, $5 and $8 a month, depending on the rewards that interest you most! In fact, our Throwback Top10 Countdown results with be posted AT Patreon immediately after the poll closes each Sunday night ahead of them being revealed on Monday morning! Be the first to find out who landed #1!
Visit BORN Country on Patreon: patreon.com/borncountry
We are kicking off August with another solid Throwback Top10 Countdown including a number of the biggest names in 90’s country music! In a very convincing fashion, our readers have voted Billy Ray Cyrus to his second consecutive #1 hit in “Wher’m I Gonna Live?” This is quite possibly my favorite song that Cyrus has ever recorded, so I’m personally thrilled to see it at the top!
After dropping a few positions last week, Lorrie Morgan jumps all of the way back up to #2 with “Watch Me.” I have a feeling that this could be the song that takes Lorrie to #1 for the first time on our chart. Time will tell! Coming in at #3 once again, is Mark Chesnutt with one of his most well known hits, “Bubba Shot The Jukebox.”
Last week’s #1 song, “I’m In A Hurry (And Don’t Know Why)” from Alabama moves backwards three spots to #4. I had the pleasure of seeing Randy Owens and Teddy Gentry perform at the Ohio State Fair over the past week, so stay tuned for my thoughts on that! George Strait holds the #5 slot once again with “I Cross My Heart.” This song absolutely deserve to hit the top of our countdown, but as always, it’s up to your vote! After a week at #7, Brooks & Dunn climb up one place on the chart to take #6.
Along with Billy Ray mentioned above, two other new songs enter out Throwback Top10 Countdown for the first time with Alan Jackson and “She’s Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues)” claiming #7 and Hal Ketchum’s “Sure Love” securing #8. Kathy Mattea and Tanya Tucker wrap up this week’s chart with songs at #9 and #10 respectively.
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Pam Tillis – Shake The Sugar Tree
- Sammy Kershaw – Anywhere But Here
- Marty Stuart – Now That’s Country
- Sawyer Brown – Cafe On The Corner
- Little Texas – What Were You Thinkin’
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Martina McBride – Cheap Whiskey
- Billy Dean – Tryin’ To Hide A Fire In The Dark
- Robert Ellis Orrall – Boom! It Was Over
- John Anderson – Let Go Of The Stone
- McBride & The Ride – Just One Night
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Tanya Tucker – Two Sparrows In A Hurricane (Last Week: #7)
9. Kathy Mattea – Lonesome Standard Time (Last Week: #6)
8. Hal Ketchum – Sure Love (NEW)
7. Alan Jackson – She’s Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues) (NEW)
6. Brooks And Dunn – Lost And Found (Last Week: #7)
5. George Strait – I Cross My Heart (Last Week: #5)
4. Alabama – I’m In A Hurry (And Don’t Know Why) (Last Week: #1)
3. Mark Chesnutt -Bubba Shot The Jukebox (Last Week: #3)
2. Lorrie Morgan – Watch Me (Last Week: #5)
1. Billy Ray Cyrus – Wher’m I Gonna Live? (NEW)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Visit BORN Country Monday morning at 6AM ET for results and another round of 90’s country classics on the poll!