George Jones And “She Loved A Lot In Her Time” Reigns At #1 While Countdown Favorite From Alan Jackson And Doug Stone Say Goodbye.
For the second week in a row, fans of the legendary George Jones votes “The Possum” to #1 once again! “She Loved A Lot In Her Time” is one week away from becoming a “Certified BORN Country” hit! Will this be the first song of the 1992 “season” to take the top distinction?
Coming in at #2 is my personal favorite Alabama song, with “Born Country” climbing up from #9 after last week! That’s one heck of a jump and could indeed stand in the way of George Jones taking the top spot for three weeks in a row!
New to the countdown this week are hits from Vince Gill, Sammy Kershaw and Patty Loveless, who lands the #3, #4 and #5 spots, respectively. These three were all very close together, so it will be interesting to see if a certain fanbase can really step up their votes in the coming week! Also making its first appearance on the countdown is Reba’s “Is There Life Out There,” debuting at #10.
Alan Jackson and Doug Stone each had songs in a “sudden death” position last week and needed to continue to climb in order to stay on the poll. Unfortunately, neither made a forward move as “Dallas” held its previous #6 spot while “Jukebox With a Country Song” fell to #8. Both will return to the polls soon!
We have an exciting lineup of songs being added into the poll this week from the likes of Little Texas, Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, Tanya Tucker and Steve Wariner!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Alan Jackson – Dallas
- Randy Travis – Better Class Of Losers
- Doug Stone – Jukebox With A Country Song
- Travis Tritt & Marty Stuart – The Whiskey Ain’t Workin’
- Trisha Yearwood – That’s What I Like About You
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Little Texas – First Time For Everything
- Garth Brooks – Papa Loved Mama
- Chris LeDoux – Workin’ Man’s Dollar
- Tanya Tucker – Some Kind Of Trouble
- Steve Wariner – The Tips Of My Fingers
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Reba McEntire – Is There Life Out There (NEW)
9. John Anderson – Straight Tequila Night (Last Week: #5)
8. Doug Stone – Jukebox With A Country Song (Last Week: #3)
7. Marty Stuart – Burn Me Down (Last Week: #10)
6. Alan Jackson – Dallas (Last Week: #6)
5. Patty Loveless – Jealous Bone (NEW)
4. Sammy Kershaw – Don’t Go Near The Water (NEW)
3. Vince Gill – Take Your Memory With You (NEW)
2. Alabama – Born Country (Last Week: #9)
1. George Jones – She Loved A Lot In Her Time (Last Week: #1)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s Throwback Poll has officially closed! Tune in Monday morning at 6AM for results and a new batch of songs to vote for!