Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 6/26/17!
*Before we get into this week’s countdown, I’d like to invite all of you to visit our new page at Patreon! Patreon will allow you, the BORN Country reader to keep our website alive by contributing as little as $1 a month!!! Tiers also include price points at $2, $5 and $8 a month, depending on the rewards that interest you most! In fact, our Throwback Top10 Countdown results with be posted AT Patreon immediately after the poll closes each Sunday night ahead of them being revealed on Monday morning! Be the first to find out who landed #1!
Visit BORN Country on Patreon: patreon.com/borncountry
Welcome back to our weekly Throwback Top10 Countdown! After nearly 12,000 votes, these are the ten songs that YOU chose for this week’s chart!
Overall, there hasn’t been much change from last week’s Top10. Ricky Van Shelton fans voted him to #1 for the second week in a row with “Wear My Ring Around Your Neck,” George Jones, George Strait, Collin Raye and Randy Travis each held onto the same spot that they landed in the week prior.
Alan Jackson’s “Love’s Got A Hold On You” was the only 1992 hit to move UP in the countdown this week, jumping from #6 to #4. This of course pushes Confederate Railroad and Billy Ray Cyrus each back one spot to #5 and #6 respectively. In its final appearance in our poll, Aaron Tippin’s “I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way” bumps back a position to #10.
Surprisingly, we only see one new song joining the ranks this week. Vince Gill’s #1 hit from 1992 debuts on our chart at the #9 spot! It goes without saying, based on Gill’s strong fanbase, that this won’t be the highest we see this one climb!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Aaron Tippin – I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way
- Chris LeDoux – Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy
- Rodney Crowell – What Kind Of Love
- Trisha Yearwood – Wrong Side Of Memphis
- Diamond Rio – Nowhere Bound
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Garth Brooks – We Shall Be Free
- Alabama – I’m In A Hurry (And Don’t Know Why)
- Kathy Mattea – Lonesome Standard Time
- Steve Wariner – A Woman Loves
- Clint Black – Burn One Down
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Aaron Tippin – I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way (Last Week: #9)
9. Vince Gill – I Still Believe In You (NEW)
8. Randy Travis – If I Didn’t Have You (Last Week: #8)
7. Collin Raye – In This Life (Last Week: #7)
6. Billy Ray Cyrus – Could’ve Been Me (Last Week: #5)
5. Confederate Railroad – Jesus And Mama (Last Week: #4)
4. Alan Jackson – Love’s Got A Hold On You (Last Week: #6)
3. George Strait – So Much Like My Dad (Last Week: #3)
2. George Jones – Honky-Tonk Myself To Death (Last Week #2)
1. Ricky Van Shelton – Wear My Ring Around Your Neck (Last Week: #1)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed. Results will be slightly delayed Monday due to the holiday weekend. Stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter feeds to know when the results are posted!