Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 6/19/17!
*Before we get into this week’s countdown, I’d like to invite all of you to visit our new page at Patreon! Patreon will allow you, the BORN Country reader to keep our website alive by contributing as little as $1 a month!!! Tiers also include price points at $2, $5 and $8 a month, depending on the rewards that interest you most! In fact, our Throwback Top10 Countdown results with be posted AT Patreon immediately after the poll closes each Sunday night ahead of them being revealed on Monday morning! Be the first to find out who landed #1!
Visit BORN Country on Patreon: patreon.com/borncountry
George Jones falls one position this week as Ricky Van Shelton claims #1 once again with “Wear My Ring Around Your Neck.” It will be interesting to see if George’s diehard fans strike back with an even bigger vote to reclaim the throne. Of course the RVS crowd won’t be taken lightly!
George Strait jumps up five slots this week with “So Much Like My Dad” fittingly landing #3 over Father’s Day weekend. Confederate Railroad and Billy Ray Cyrus each held onto their respective positions from last week’s countdown while Alan Jackson and Aaron Tippin both shifted backwards up the chart.
Collin Raye and Chris LeDoux were both saved from elimination this week having “In This Life” and “Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy” re-entering the countdown after falling out the the Top10 last week. Randy Travis makes his countdown return this week with his 1992 hit, “If I Didn’t Have You.”
With only two songs retired from the poll, this stands to be one hit packed week! Make sure to get your votes in, once PER HOUR between now and Sunday night at 9PM ET!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Reba McEntire – The Greatest Man I Never Knew
- Tanya Tucker – If Your Heart Ain’t Busy Tonight
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Wynonna Judd – No One Else On Earth
- Mark Collie – Even The Man In The Moon Is Crying
- Billy Dean – If There Hadn’t Been You
- Pam Tillis – Shake The Sugar Tree
- Martina McBride – This Is Me
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Chris LeDoux – Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy (RE-ENTRY)
9. Aaron Tippin – I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way (Last Week: #6)
8. Randy Travis – If I Didn’t Have You (NEW)
7. Collin Raye – In This Life (RE-ENTRY)
6. Alan Jackson – Love’s Got A Hold On You (Last Week: #3)
5. Billy Ray Cyrus – Could’ve Been Me (Last Week: #5)
4. Confederate Railroad – Jesus And Mama (Last Week: #4)
3. George Strait – So Much Like My Dad (Last Week: #8)
2. George Jones – Honky-Tonk Myself To Death (Last Week #1)
1. Ricky Van Shelton – Wear My Ring Around Your Neck (NEW)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
This Week’s Throwback Top10 Poll Has Officially Closed! Visit Again, Monday Morning At 6AM For Results and Next Week’s Vote!