Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 6/4/17!
*Before we get into this week’s countdown, I’d like to invite all of you to visit our new page at Patreon! Patreon will allow you, the BORN Country reader to keep our website alive by contributing as little as $1 a month!!! Tiers also include price points at $2, $5 and $8 a month, depending on the rewards that interest you most! In fact, our Throwback Top10 Countdown results with be posted AT Patreon immediately after the poll closes each Sunday night ahead of them being revealed on Monday morning! Be the first to find out who landed #1!
Visit BORN Country on Patreon: patreon.com/borncountry
Diamond Rio drops down a spot from #1 this week with “Nowhere Bound” coming in just behind our new #1; George Jones and “Honky-Tonk Myself To Death”! The last time that The Possum was featured in our poll, the legend held the #1 spot for three straight weeks making “She Loved A Lot In Her Time” a “Certified BORN Country” hit! Will George’s fans repeat that feat?
Alan Jackson continues to climb with his current single, “Loves Got A Hold On You,” as he takes #3, closely followed by Confederate Railroad’s “Jesus And Mama” at #4. Billy Ray Cyrus, Aaron Tippin, Rodney Crowell and Tanya Tucker all moved back a position or two while George Strait and Sammy Kershaw each enter the countdown with new singles in “So Much Like My Dad” and “Yard Sale,” respectively.
This will be the first time on our poll that George Jones and Ricky Van Shelton will go head-to-head! With these two dedicated fan bases, this one could get very interesting!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Mary Chapin Carpenter – I Feel Lucky
- Marty Stuart & Travis Tritt – This One’s Gonna Hurt You (For A Long, Long Time)
- Doug Stone – Warning Labels
- Suzy Bogguss – Letting Go
- Rodney Foster – Just Call Me Lonesome
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Ricky Van Shelton – Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Joe Diffie – Next Thing Smokin’
- John Anderson – Seminole Wind
- Trisha Yearwood – Wrong Side Of Memphis
- Restless Heart – When She Cries
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Tanya Tucker – If Your Heart Ain’t Busy Tonight (Last Week: #8)
9. Rodney Crowell – What Kind Of Love (Last Week: #7)
8. George Strait – So Much Like My Dad (NEW)
7. Sammy Kershaw – Yard Sale (NEW)
6. Aaron Tippin – I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way (Last Week: #5)
5. Billy Ray Cyrus – Could’ve Been Me (Last Week: #3)
4. Confederate Railroad – Jesus And Mama (Last Week: #6)
3. Alan Jackson – Love’s Got A Hold On You (Last Week: #5)
2. Diamond Rio – Nowhere Bound (Last Week: #1)
1. George Jones – Honky-Tonk Myself To Death (NEW)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s Throwback poll has officially closed! Visit BORN Country Monday morning at 6AM ET for Results and a new batch of songs to vote for!