Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 6/4/17!
*Before we get into this week’s countdown, I’d like to invite all of you to visit our new page at Patreon! Patreon will allow you, the BORN Country reader to keep our website alive by contributing as little as $1 a month!!! Tiers also include price points at $2, $5 and $8 a month, depending on the rewards that interest you most! In fact, our Throwback Top10 Countdown results with be posted AT Patreon immediately after the poll closes each Sunday night ahead of them being revealed on Monday morning! Be the first to find out who landed #1!
Visit BORN Country on Patreon: patreon.com/borncountry
Unfortunately for George Strait fans, this week “Gone As A Girl Can Get” fell short of claiming a third week at #1, dropping down to #9. However, that means that we have an all-new #1 hit this week, with the honors going to Diamond Rio’s “Nowhere Bound”! This is the first time the guys have reached the top spot at BORN Country since “Meet In The Middle”!
Climbing up to #2 this week is another poll favorite, Collin Raye! Collin always receives a strong support base in our weekly polls and I have a feeling this one will be sticking around for awhile!
Two new songs found a home on this week’s countdown with Billy Ray Cyrus and “Could’ve Been Me” and Chris Ledoux’s team-up with Garth Brooks, “Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy” taking #3 and #10 respectively.
Alan Jackson’s “Love’s Got A Hold On You” stayed at #5 from last week while Aaron Tippin, Rodney Crowell, Tanya Tucker and Confederate Railroad all move up notch or two. Where will all of these songs line up next week with five more songs from country mega stars coming in? Place your votes to make sure YOUR favorite sticks around!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- George Strait – Gone As A Girl Can Get
- Tracy Lawrence – Runnin’ Behind
- Mark Chesnutt – I’ll Think Of Something
- Clint Black – We Tell Ourselves
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- George Jones – Honky-Tonk Myself To Death
- George Strait – So Much Like My Dad
- Sawyer Brown – Cafe On The Corner
- Sammy Kershaw – Yard Sale
- Randy Travis – If I Didn’t Have You
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a “CERTIFIED BORN Country” hit!
10. Chris LeDoux (w/ Garth Brooks) – Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy (NEW)
9. George Strait – Gone As A Girl Can Get (Last Week: #1)
8. Tanya Tucker – If Your Heart Ain’t Busy Tonight (Last Week: #10)
7. Rodney Crowell – What Kind Of Love (Last Week: #9)
6. Confederate Railroad – Jesus And Mama (Last Week: #8)
5. Alan Jackson – Love’s Got A Hold On You (Last Week: #5)
4. Aaron Tippin – I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way (Last Week: #5)
3. Billy Ray Cyrus – Could’ve Been Me (NEW)
2. Collin Raye – In This Life (Last Week: #6)
1. Diamond Rio – Nowhere Bound (Last Week: #7)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This Week’s Poll has officially closed! Due to my late return from CMA Fest, results and new poll will be delayed until Monday evening. Thanks for voting!