Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 5/29/17!
George Strait fans have united once again to keep “Gone As A Girl Can Get” at the #1 spot in our weekly Throwback Top10 Countdown! Strait is just one week away from obtaining “Certified BORN Country” status with this 1992 single! Will fans continue to vote to keep him up top for a final round? This WILL be the final week for this song either way as another Strait classic has been lined up to join the poll for the past two weeks, but I will never pull down a song that is on at #1 streak before 3 weeks!
Five new songs found a home on this week’s countdown. Vince Gill starts out strong debuting “I Still Believe In You” at #2, followed by Doug Stone’s “Warning Labels” at #3. Collin Raye, Diamond Rio and Confederate Railroad also debut new songs on the chart in positions #6, #7 and #8.
Holding onto spots from last week’s countdown are Dwight Yoakam’s “The Heart That You Own,” which retires this week, Aaron Tippin, and Tanya Tucker.
While the songs added to the poll this week are heavy hitters in their own right, we have a few major BORN Country reader favorites coming up in the next few editions! Getting your favorite artists into the Top10 is going to take a lot of teamwork, so make sure that you are preparing fellow fans to vote!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Dwight Yoakam – The Heart That You Own
- Alabama – Take A Little Trip
- Little Texas – You And Forever And Me
- Wynonna Judd – I Saw The Light
- Lee Roy Parnell – What Kind Of Fool Do You Think I Am
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Reba McEntire – The Greatest Man I Never Knew
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Could’ve Been Me
- Chris LeDoux – Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy
- Alan Jackson – Love’s Got A Hold On You
- Suzy Bogguss – Letting Go
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Tanya Tucker – If Your Heart Ain’t Busy Tonight (Last Week: #8)
9. Rodney Crowell – What Kind Of Love (Last Week: #1)
8. Confederate Railroad – Jesus And Mama (NEW)
7. Diamond Rio – Nowhere Bound (NEW)
6. Collin Raye – In This Life (NEW)
5. Aaron Tippin – I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way (Last Week: #5)
4. Dwight Yoakam – The Heart That You Own (Last Week: #4)
3. Doug Stone – Warning Labels (NEW)
2. Vince Gill – I Still Believe In You (NEW)
1. George Strait – Gone As A Girl Can Get (Last Week: #1)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Check back for results Monday morning at 6AM or find out which songs made the Throwback Top10 NOW on our Patreon page by joining our “Livin’ That Honky-Tonk Dream” tier! Patreon.com/borncountry