Based On Your Votes, Here Are The Throwback Top10 Countdown Results For The Week Of 5/22/17!
Welcome back to the newest round of BORN Country’s weekly Throwback Top10 Countdown! Once again we are seeing quite a mix-up in comparison to last week’s list, including an all new #1 song.
As incredibly mind boggling as it is, this marks the very first time in the history of our weekly countdown that the one and only George Strait takes the very top spot on the chart! Will “Gone As A Girl Can Get” reign for another week, or did Strait’s recent birthday play a role in the massive amount of fan votes? We already have another George song lined up to join the poll, so this 1992 hit has to hold on to the #1 position next week or it will be retired!
Tracy Lawrence’s “Runnin’ Behind” put up a strong fight and in fact held the #1 spot for a day or so earlier in the week. The song eventually ended up at #2, but I have a feeling that we may see this one jump into the #1 spot very soon! Lee Roy Parnell debuts his 1992 single, “What Kind Of Fool Do You Think I Am” pulled in a huge fan backing, making this his highest charting song to date at BORN Country.
Alan Jackson, Chris LeDoux, Waylon Jennings and Billy Ray Cyrus each see their final week for the current singles after each having very strong runs on the poll. Jackson, LeDoux and Cyrus each spent a week at #1 while Waylon held down #2 for a number of weeks. We’ll be seeing new songs from each artist sooner than you think!
Along with the above mentioned Lee Roy Parnell, Aaron Tippin also reemerges with a new single on our countdown with “I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way,” claiming the #5 position. Tippin general receives some major support here at BORN Country, so I have to believe that this won’t be the highest that this one climbs.
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Alan Jackson – Midnight In Montgomery
- Chris LeDoux – Riding For A Fall
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart
- Waylon Jennings – Just Talkin’
- Travis Tritt – Nothing Short Of Dying
- Reba McEntire – The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Brooks & Dunn – Boot Scootin’ Boogie
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Collin Raye – In This Life
- Confederate Railroad – Jesus And Mama
- Rodney Foster – Just Call Me Lonesome
- McBride & The Ride – Going Out Of My Mind
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Waylon Jennings – Just Talkin’ (Last Week: #2)
9. Chris LeDoux – Riding For A Fall (Last Week: #1)
8. Tanya Tucker – If Your Heart Ain’t Busy Tonight (Last Week: #8)
7. Alan Jackson – Midnight In Montgomery (Last Week: #10)
6. Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart (Last Week: #6)
5. Aaron Tippin – I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way (NEW)
4. Dwight Yoakam – The Heart That You Own (Last Week: #3)
3. Lee Roy Parnell – What Kind Of Fool Do You Think I Am (NEW)
2. Tracy Lawrence – Runnin’ Behind (Last Week: #7)
1. George Strait – Gone As A Girl Can Get (Last Week: #5)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has closed. Visit us at 6AM ET for results and an all-new poll!