This Week’s Throwback Top10 Results & Poll!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother’s Day weekend! Now, let’s kick off this new week with another Throwback Top10 Countdown! There seemed to be a minor snafu for some voters during the first day of last week, but it cleared up quickly and everything was back on track! This week’s results are certainly rare in the case that we only have ONE new song on the chart despite an all-star lineup being added to the poll. With five more big names being added to the list, I have a feeling this will not be the case when next week’s results roll around!
Brooks & Dunn were unable to hold on to the #1 spot for a second week in a row with “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” as the dup dropped down to #3. Taking that spot is country music and rodeo hero, the late, great Chris LeDoux! Though LeDoux has been close on a number of occasions, this marks the first time that he climbs to the very top of our chart with a very well deserved song, “Riding For A Fall.”
Waylon Jennings and Billy Ray Cyrus each held on to their previous positions with “Just Talkin'” coming in at #2 and “Achy Breaky Heart” at #6. Outside of these two songs, every other position fell backwards at least one spot this week. The only other exception is the debuting Tracy Lawrence single, “Runnin’ Behind” which snatched up the #7 slot.
A few songs on the countdown are nearing the end of their run, as each artist has a new song on the very near horizon. Get what may be your final votes in for the current Billy Ray Cyrus, Alan Jackson, George Strait and Dwight Yoakam hits before they are retired!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Billy Dean – Billy The Kid
- Martina McBride – The Time Has Come
- Lyle Lovett – You’ve Been So Good Up To Now
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Marty Stuart & Travis Tritt – This One’s Gonna Hurt You (For A Long, Long Time)
- Vince Gill – I Still Believe In You
- Aaron Tippin – I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way
- Diamond Rio – Nowhere Bound
- Rodney Crowell – What Kind Of Love
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Alan Jackson – Midnight In Montgomery (Last Week: #5)
9. Travis Tritt – Nothing Short Of Dying (Last Week: #8)
8. Tanya Tucker – If Your Heart Ain’t Busy Tonight (Last Week: #7)
7. Tracy Lawrence – Runnin’ Behind (NEW)
6. Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart (Last Week: #3)
5. George Strait – Gone As A Girl Can Get (Last Week: #3)
4. Brooks And Dunn – Boot Scootin’ Boogie (Last Week: #1)
3. Dwight Yoakam – The Heart That You Own (Last Week: #4)
2. Waylon Jennings – Just Talkin’ (Last Week: #2)
1. Chris LeDoux – Riding For A Fall (Last Week: #9)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Visit us Monday morning at 6AM ET for Results and a new set of songs to vote for!