This Week’s Throwback Top10 Results & Poll!
Welcome to this week’s Throwback Top10 Countdown Results! Before we get started, I have to say that this is one of the most mega-star studded Top10 Charts in the history of our polls here at BORN Country. Had Garth and Alabama made the list as well, I don’t know that it could be topped as far as 90’s country icons go. Anyhow, let us take a look, shall we?
For the third week in a row, we have an all new #1 song on the countdown, this time coming from Brooks & Dunn. “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” is easily one of the most recognizable hits of the early 90’s. Along with Billy Ray’s “Achy Breaky Heart,” which comes in at #6, this song revolutionized the country line-dancing craze of the 90’s. Eventually, Tracy Byrd’s “Watermelon Crawl” would join in, making the ultimate line-dance trio.
The rest of the Top 5 on this week’s list is made up of prior countdown favorites in a slightly different rotation. Waylon makes another jump to #2, George Strait makes an even larger leap from #8 to #3 while Dwight Yoakam and Alan Jackson each drop a few spots to #4 and #5. As hot as all of these songs were on the voting block this week, I wouldn’t be surprised to see any of them taking #1 in the next countdown!
Four new songs make their first appearance this week and like those mentioned above, any of this 90’s classics could give “Boot Scottin’ Boogie” a run for its money! Tanya Tucker, Chris LeDoux, Travis Tritt have all been strong contenders in the past. As for Reba, I have to say that I’m surprised that “The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia” only landed at #10! This is easily one of McEntire’s biggest songs of the 90’s. I can’t imagine that this could possibly be as high as this one goes!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Joe Diffie – Ships That Don’t Come In
- Hal Ketchum – Five O’Clock World
- The Remingtons – Two Timin’ Me
- Diamond Rio – Norma Jean Riley
- Garth Brooks – The River
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Clint Black – We Tell Ourselves
- Mark Chesnutt – I’ll Think Of Something
- Tracy Lawrence – Runnin’ Behind
- Doug Stone – Warning Labels
- Little Texas – You And Forever And Me
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Reba McEntire – The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia (NEW)
9. Chris LeDoux – Riding For A Fall (NEW)
8. Travis Tritt – Nothing Short Of Dying (NEW)
7. Tanya Tucker – If Your Heart Ain’t Busy Tonight (NEW)
6. Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart (Last Week: #3)
5. Alan Jackson – Midnight In Montgomery (Last Week: #1)
4. Dwight Yoakam – The Heart That You Own (Last Week: #2)
3. George Strait – Gone As A Girl Can Get (Last Week: #8)
2. Waylon Jennings – Just Talkin’ (Last Week: #4)
1. Brooks And Dunn – Boot Scootin’ Boogie (Last Week: #6)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll hasn’t officially closed! Check back Monday morning a ticket 6AM ET for Results and another round of 90s country favorites to vote for!