This Week’s Throwback Top10 Results & Poll!
It’s been a long time coming, but this week, Alan Jackson returns to the #1 spot on our Throwback Top10 Countdown! Alan’s fans have been fighting for the top spot for months with various songs, but this week, “Midnight In Montgomery” takes the top prize! Will this be the beginning towards Jackson’s second “Certified BORN Country” hit?
Dwight Yoakam also climbs again this week, from #3 to #2. It was back and forth for a good time over the course of the past week with Alan for the #1 position, but in the end, “The Heart That You Own” ended up coming a little short.
Floating just outside above the top slots are Waylon Jennings’ “Just Talkin'” (#3) and last week’s #1 song, Billy Ray’s “Achy Breaky Heart” at #4. There was a lot of talk backing “Achy Breaky” this week being that it 25th anniversary had been celebrated in April, but it wasn’t enough to hold its spot. I’m not so sure that this is the end of the line dance classic challenging for supremacy.
New songs joining the Countdown this week include Lyle Lovett’s “You Were So Good Up To Now” (#7) and George Strait’s “Gone As A Girl Can Get.” Surprisingly, King George has yet to see a major support system here on the Throwback Top10, but this could the start of something strong!
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Aaron Tippin – There Ain’t Nothing Wrong With The Radio
- Collin Raye – Every Second
- Sawyer Brown – Some Girls Do
- John Anderson – When It Comes To You
- Randy Travis – I’d Surrender All
- Michelle Wright – Take It Like A Man
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Alabama – Take A Little Trip
- Chris LeDoux – Riding For A Fall
- Tanya Tucker – If Your Heart Ain’t Busy Tonight
- Mary Chapin Carpenter – I Feel Lucky
- The Remingtons – Two Timin’ Me
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Collin Raye – Every Second (Last Week: #9)
9. Diamond Rio – Norma Jean Riley (RE-ENTRY)
8. George Strait – Gone As A Girl Can Get (NEW)
7. Lyle Lovett – You’ve Been So Good Up To Now (NEW)
6. Brooks And Dunn – Boot Scootin’ Boogie (Last Week: #5)
5. Aaron Tippin – There Ain’t Nothin’ Wrong With The Radio (Last Week: #8)
4. Waylon Jennings – Just Talkin’ (Last Week: #2)
3. Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart (Last Week: #1)
2. Dwight Yoakam – The Heart That You Own (Last Week: #3)
1. Alan Jackson – Midnight In Montgomery (Last Week: #4)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This Week’s Poll has officially closed! Visit iwasborncountry.com at 6AM ET Monday morning for results and a new poll!