The Legendary George Jones Takes Control Of The #1 Spot On This Week’s Countdown And A Slew Of Country Icons Join The Poll.
Appearing this past week on our poll for the first time on his own, the legendary George Jones takes in a large vote to take the #1 crown in this week’s Top10! “She Loved A Lot In Her Time” came around just about the time that major artists from decades prior started to lose radio time in the early 90’s. The song had peaked at #55 on the country music charts back in 1992, so it’s nice to see the song getting the proper treatment here!
Once again, Tracy Lawrence comes in at #2, with “Sticks And Stones” making it’s final appearance on the weekly poll. The song had a strong run, just coming up short of the #1 spot on a number of occasions.
Making a solid three spot climb, Doug Stone takes #3 this week! I hate to take songs off of the poll once they are on a hot streak, so as long as “Jukebox With A Country Song” can continue to climb to at least #2 next week, it will stay! Otherwise, we’ll have to say goodbye to this early 90’s classic.
Billy Dean and Alan Jackson each climbed a bit as well this week, with Dean’s “Only The Wind” jumping from #8 to #4 and Jackson’s “Dallas” moving from #7 to #6. “Dallas” is also in danger of retirement soon, so make sure you get those votes in!
Surprisingly, Randy Travis fell from #1 to #7 this week. “Better Class Of Losers” can still make the climb back to the top, so don’t count that one out just yet!
Debuting on this week’s countdown are get hits from the likes of Marty Stuart and John Anderson. Marty’s song bumped his duet with Travis Tritt, “The Whiskey Ain’t Workin'” out of the Top10. Will that honky tonk classic make a comeback next week?
Retired From This Week’s Poll:
- Tracy Lawrence – Sticks And Stones
- Pam Tillis – Maybe It Was Memphis
- Garth Brooks – What She’s Doing Now
- Joe Diffie – Is It Cold In Here
Added To This Week’s Poll:
- Keith Whitley – Somebody’s Doin’ Me Right
- Sammy Kershaw – Don’t Go Near The Water
- Vince Gill – Take Your Memory With You
- Patty Loveless – Jealous Bone
- Ronnie Milsap – All Is Fair In Love And War
- Prairie Oyster – One Precious Love
*Readers may vote for 3 songs, EVERY HOUR, until the poll closes on Sunday night at 9PM ET. Results will be posted shortly after, with a new poll opening at 6AM ET on Monday morning. Songs will generally be retired after 6 weeks or due to a lack of fan interest. If a song remains at #1 for 3 weeks straight, it will be retired as a CERTIFIED “BORN Country” hit!
10. Marty Stuart – Burn Me Down (NEW)
9. Alabama – Born Country (Last Week: #9)
8. Pam Tillis – Maybe It Was Memphis (Last Week: #4)
7. Randy Travis – Better Class Of Losers (Last Week: #1)
6. Alan Jackson – Dallas (Last Week: #7)
5. John Anderson – Straight Tequila Night (NEW)
4. Billy Dean – Only The Wind (Last Week: #8)
3. Doug Stone – Jukebox With A Country Song (Last Week: #6)
2. Tracy Lawrence – Sticks And Stones (Last Week: #2)
1. George Jones – She Loved A Lot In Her Time (NEW)
Did your favorite song make it into the Top10 this week? Let everyone know which song you believe deserves a higher spot next week in the comments below! The Throwback Top10 results are based 100% on reader votes! Don’t forget that you can vote for up to THREE songs, once every hour between Monday morning at 6AM ET and Sunday Evening at 9PM ET! Please use the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page to share the poll with fellow country music fans! Thanks for voting!
*This week’s poll has officially closed! Visit us Monday morning at 6AM for results and next week’s poll!